Fall is just around the corner, and that means switching from your iced coffee to a nice cup of hot coffee. Whether it's to wake you up, or you just like the cozy flavors, it's a great way to start your day! Here's a few different ways to mix up your coffee routine so each day you "chai" something new ;)
Recipes are from familyfreshmeals.com
SLOW COOKER PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
5 cups strong brewed coffee
4 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pie mix)
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Whipped Cream (optional)
1. In slow cooker, mix all ingredients except whipped cream. Beat with whisk until well combined.
2. Cover and cook on high heat setting 2 hours, stirring each hour
3. Serve in mugs and top with whipped cream.
1 1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp light brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup espresso or strong brewed coffee
Cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top
1. Pour milk into a small jar that has a lid, add light brown sugar and cinnamon.
2. Tighten the lid onto jar and shake for ~1 min.
3. Remove the lid and heat the milk in the microwave for 30 secs.
4. Pour coffee or espresso into mug, pour the warm milk into the mug with the coffee. Spoon out any remaining foamy milk if left.
5. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top. Serve warm and enjoy!
NUTELLA LATTE RECIPE
1 or 2 tbsp nutella, plus extra for the rim.
1 to 2 shots hot espresso
6 to 8 oz steamed milk
Cocoa powder for sprinkling
Balsamic glaze for drizzling
1. Take a spoon and spread a thin layer of nutella on the rim of a coffee mug.
2. Place 1 to 2 tbsp's of nutella in the bottom of the mug.
3. Pour the hot espresso shots over top and stir until the nutella melts.
4. Slowly pour in steamed milk, then sprinkle cocoa powder on top.
5. Drizzle 1/4 to 1/2 of the rim with balsamic glaze.
6. Serve immediately!
FRESH PRESS SPICED VANILLA LATTE
1 cup milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
4 tsp granulated sugar
2 dashes cardamom
2 dashes cinnamon
6 tbsp instant coffee
2 cups water; near boiling
1. In a small saucepan, combine milk, vanilla, sugar, cardamom, and cinnamon. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently until sugar is dissolved and milk is hot, but do not boil.
2. Add instant coffee to a French Press and pour over about 2 cups of near boiling water. Stir and steep for 6 mins before pushing down the plunger.
3. Pour over 3/4 cup coffee each into two mugs.
4. Using a milk frother, froth the milk mixture until there is a thick layer of foam on top. Give your saucepan a couple of firm whacks on a hard surface like your counter to break any large bubbles and make denser foam.
5. Using a wooden spoon to hold back the foam, divide the milk between the two mugs. Spoon the foam on top. Add a small dash of cardamom on top for garnish, if desired.